When you share information with us, this information is used solely to enable us to provide the services which we have been contracted to deliver . As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
• What information we collect and why we collect it
• How we use that information
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms, such as cookies, IP addresses or browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Westwood Coaching, so please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, please email us.
Information we collect and how we use it
There are two ways we may collect information, either via our website or during the direct provision of services.
Web Site – where you have submitted a ‘contact us’ or a ‘feedback’ form on our web site, you may provide us with an email address and your name. These are optional. Where this information is provided it will be stored in our email system only – it is not stored on our website.
Direct Services – where we are working with an individual or group of individuals, there are a number of ways in which we can be provided with personal information. This information may be provided by the individuals directly or may come via an organisational referral. We deal with privacy in these instances in a number of ways:
- Where information is provided by the individual, they will be asked for their permission for us to document and retain this information. We keep minimum details such as full name, email address and telephone number. Where this is a private referral we will also retain bank payment information.
- Where a referral originates via an organisation, we normally ask that the organisation can provide proof that the individual has consented for their contact information to be provided to us. We only require full name, email address and telephone number. Payment information is not required where the organisation is contracted to pay for the services. When we start working with these individuals we will provide full details of all of the information we have been provided in the referral so that the person is fully aware of any information that has been passed to us.
Referral information is securely stored and individuals may request to see all personal information we hold on them at any time. We are also happy to delete or amend personal information that we hold upon the request of the data subject. We aim to deal with all such requests in no more than 5 working days.
We maintain records of consulting, coaching and supervision discussions – for accounting and regulatory purposes. These records are fully anonymised.
During engagements we will make notes of discussions – these are confidential and are securely stored. Individuals may request copies of these notes at any time and we will again deal with these requests in no more than 5 working days. In our initial meetings with individuals they will be asked if they wish to see copies of the notes after each session and these will be provided automatically after each client conversation.
Any physical notes that have been written during provision of our services will be deleted at the end of the engagement or referral.
We do not collect any information about how you use our online services, nor do we collect any information about any devices that are used to access our web site.
Cookies and similar technologies
Further ways we might use information we collect
We do not use personal information for any other purpose. We do not engage in any direct marketing.
Information we share
Some organisations do ask for a report at the end of a coaching referral. In these cases the report will only be shared with the organisation with your written approval. Further, we will make the individual aware that this is a requirement at the start of any consulting or coaching engagement.
We work hard to protect our clients from unauthorised access to, or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
As above, we restrict access to personal information to Westwood Coaching employees or Associates who need to know this information in order to provide the contracted services. As above Associates are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. Staff may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. Associates may also have their contract terminated for similar breaches.
Whilst we have a presence on Social Media, we do not as a policy name clients or organisations that we are working with without their explicit permission.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities